Find out how much you should consume and how to avoid excess to have a perfect silhouette
EP / MadridCarbohydrates are one of the three sources of energy that humans have, along with proteins and fats.Carbohydrates have always been considered essential for the correct functioning of the body.
Despite this fact, in the last decade, many nutritionists claim that carbohydrates are not too good and if you want to keep the line, you should avoid them. From this statement comes the dilemma: Are carbohydrates good or bad for our organism? Do carbohydrates get fatter? Can You Lose Weight Without Leaving Carbs? Discover through these simple tips how much to consume, what your body needs and how to avoid the excesses to start the summer with a perfect silhouette:
Ten Tips on Carbohydrates
1. There are two types of carbohydrates: the simple (bad) and the complex (good). Complex carbohydrates, such as whole grains and legumes, contain long chains of sugar molecules, and the body usually takes longer to break down and use them. This, in turn, gives the body a more equitable amount of energy.
3. Simple carbohydrates are composed of basic sugars easy to digest, with little value for your body. The higher in sugar and the lower in fiber, the worse the carbohydrate.
4. We can find complex carbohydrates in foods such as brown rice, whole wheat pasta, nuts , oats, whole wheat bread, seafood, etc.
5. It is important to consume carbohydrates for intestinal health and for waste disposal .
6. The amount of carbohydrates you should consume will depend directly on the physical activity that you perform since when your body needs to exercise, the source that is used to move is the carbohydrate. If you lead a sedentary life you should reduce your carbohydrate intake .
7. You should decrease the consumption of simple carbohydrates like sugar , refined flours and sweets and that includes, fruit juices.
8. Carbohydrates provide 4 calories per gram, but are easily assimilated and quick to burn the body . The calories that really have to worry us are those that come from the fats, since they are those that the organism accumulates more easily and just burns.
9. The best sources of carbohydrates are natural and single-ingredient: quinoa, banana , lentils, oats, etc.
10. Carbohydrates are very necessary for the proper functioning of the central nervous system , the kidneys, the brain and muscles. In addition, we produce a sense of well-being and raise the levels of serotonin.